It had so much to live for.
Gravy. Beef Stew. Baked French Onion Soup!
But, alas, Wyler, a shiny jar of beef bouillon granules with so much to live for, decided that he would squander this all away as he leaped to his death from the second shelf of the kitchen cupboard.
He was so young.
The bad thing about those kind of decisions is that you never know who you might affect on your way down. In Wyler’s case, he destroyed the life of my favorite bar pan by making his rash decision.
Stone, that is what all the others in the cupboard called him, had lived his entire life in service to me. Sure, he really didn’t like soap, and avoided it at all cost, but we all forgave him. It seemed his lack of soap when bathing worked for him. He was always willing to give.
Stone was just sitting there minding his own business. He was half full of delicious chocolately goodness. He sat on the counter selflessly offering his goods to this family.
But, Wyler, for reasons unknown to all of us, felt he needed to jump at that exact moment. Wyler hit Stone on his way down and created a fracture that never can be repaired.
Stone was just an innocent bystander (or by-sitter) and now he is unable to continue on. It is curtains for Stone.
Poor, poor Stone.
We can learn so much from his life. May a tragedy like this never happen again.